Burst pipes, water line cracks, and other plumbing problems can interrupt your normal water supply. To keep your supply flowing reliably, we’ll show you the signs that your water line needs repair. We will also discuss how you can avoid frozen pipes. Our goal is to help you make informed decisions while hopefully expanding your knowledge of your home’s plumbing system. Kellie Plumbing, Inc. is your Franklin water line repair and replacement team. We also provide quality water line excavations for customers who are building new homes or properties.
To learn why Franklin residents continue to rely on us for all of their plumbing needs, click here to read our customer reviews.
What are signs you need water line repair?
Suspect a problem with your water line? Don’t wait to have your system checked by a plumber. An issue that we are able to repair now will cost you less in the long run.
Below are common signs it’s time to call for water line repair, or at least an inspection:
- Odd tasting water: While not everything that comes out of the tap will taste like sparkling spring water, a bad taste can signal a leak or damaged pipes.
- Inconsistent water pressure: Leaks tend to happen before breaks in your water line, and one sign of them is unreliable, inconsistent water pressure.
- High water bills: Another sign of a leak is that you're using far more water than normal.
- Unusually lush lawns: Haven’t watered your lawn in ages, but the grass seems healthy and green? There is likely a leak in the main line that’s watering your lawn for you.
- Rust in water: Over time your water pipes can rust and this will be evident in your water supply. Let us check the issue and determine if a repair or replacement is more cost effective.
Have a frozen pipe problem?
While frozen pipes are common water line issues, there are ways to avoid them:
- Leave your water dripping at the tap during the winter. This will prevent water from settling in the pipes to freeze.
- If you're going to be away from your property during the winter, drain your water supply. If you don't have a mechanism in your plumbing that will allow for this, then we can install one for you.
- Problematic pipes that tend to freeze or have burst in the past should receive professional treatment. From altering your plumbing to ensuring that it stays warmer by adding additional insulation to your pipes, we will make sure your water lines are protected from freezing temperatures.
What factors are considered when installing new lines?
There are a number of factors that need to be considered before a new water line is installed:
- The composition of the ground
- Yearly humidity and temperature changes
- The material to be used for the line
- The presence of trees and other plants whose roots may damage the line
- The amount of water you use in your home
- Winterization considerations to prevent frozen pipes
If you are thinking about installing a new line or replacing your old water line, give us a call. We can assess these factors and any other additional considerations to ensure that your water line lasts for a considerable amount of time before it needs repair or maintenance.