10 Benefits of an Advanced Water Filtration System
Having an advanced water filtration system installed in your Franklin home will have many benefits. From improving your health to improving your household chores, water filter installation is worth it. Here are ten benefits of using a whole-house water filtration system.
It Is Better for Your Health
1. With a water filtration system in place, the drinking water is cleaner. The filtration system removes chemicals like chlorine, fluoride, arsenic and lead.
These chemicals can be harmful to your health. It can also remove microorganisms like bacteria, viruses, mold or fungi.
Filtered water will also have a balanced pH. The water will be more alkaline, which is better for your health. Alkaline water can help balance the body's pH and reduce problems caused by a more acidic body pH.
2. Filtered water reduces the risk of disease. Bladder cancer and colorectal cancer risks are reduced by drinking filtered water.
Chemicals in the water, such as lead or arsenic, and an acidic water pH can increase the risks of cancer.
Filtered water removes these chemicals and balances the water's pH. Water with a higher pH can help prevent health problems like osteoporosis. Filtered water can also prevent digestive tract diseases. Water filters remove organisms like E.coli, cryptosporidium and giardia. These can cause digestive problems such as diarrhea and vomiting. Filtered water can prevent these.
3. Asthma and allergies are improved. With water filter installation, chlorine, organisms and chemicals are not released into the air during showers or hand dishwashing. Water that hasn't been filtered can release these things into the air. This can exacerbate problems such as asthma, bronchitis or allergies. With a water filtration system in place, symptoms of asthma and allergies are reduced.
4. Filtered water is better for your skin. Unfiltered water that contains chlorine and other chemicals can be irritating to the skin and cause redness. Unfiltered water may also have bacteria and other organisms that can irritate the skin. Minerals in water can cause clogged pores. This leads to blackheads and acne. Filtered water has had the chemicals and bacteria removed and will lead to cleaner, healthier-looking skin.
It Is Better for Your Household Chores
5. Filtered water cleans clothing and dishes better. Unfiltered water has minerals in it that can cause a reaction with cleaning detergents. It causes solids like soap scum and residue to build up on clothing and dishes that are washed in it. This can make clothing feel rough, and the colors will look duller. It makes it hard to get clothing truly clean. Dishes will have residue that is hard to wash off.
With filtered water, minerals are reduced, and the water won't react to detergents in this way. Filtered water leads to clothing that is cleaner, softer and brighter. Dishes are more likely to be squeaky clean when washed in filtered water.
6. Filtered water prevents mineral scale deposits and soap scum. When chemicals and minerals are not removed from the tap water, scale deposits can build up around the faucets. Unfiltered water can also react with soap in the shower or during dishwashing and cause soap scum build up.
Scale deposits can also build up inside of water heaters, dishwashers and washing machines from unfiltered water.
Filtered water removes the chemicals and minerals that cause this buildup. Machines that use water will function better without the buildup of scale deposits.
It Is Better Tasting
7. Filtered water is better tasting and smelling. Water that has the chemicals filtered out of it will taste cleaner and make better drinking water.
Cleaner-tasting water will also create fresher-tasting coffee, tea, soup and other foods that require water. Any food or drink that is cooked in water or has water added to the recipe will benefit from clean-tasting filtered water.
It Is Convenient and Affordable
8. Using an advanced water filtration system in the Franklin home is convenient. Having tap water be automatically filtered is much more convenient than having to refill a water filter pitcher. It is also easier than using bottled water. Using bottled water for cooking and cleaning is inconvenient.
A homemade solution like boiling water on the stove for use later is also a time-consuming chore. Having a water filter system installed in the home is a much easier way to access clean water for drinking, cooking and cleaning.
9. Water that is not filtered can be full of minerals that cause scale buildup in the pipes. Mineral scale deposits in the pipes can reduce the flow of water over time and may lead to costly plumbing repairs. Filtered water can reduce the minerals in the water that cause scale to build up in the plumbing system.
10. Water filter installation is cheaper over the long run. Buying bottled water to use for drinking and household chores would become very expensive. A household water filtration system is a more affordable way to have a constant supply of clean water.
Filtered water also keeps the water-using appliances functioning properly and prevents scale buildup in pipes. This means that using an advanced water filtration system can result in fewer repair or replacement costs in the future.
To find a qualified plumbing service in the Franklin, IN area, to install a water filtration system, call Kellie Plumbing, Inc at (317) 738-2707.